1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium, green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt or himalayan salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 (15 oz ) cans black beans ( or pinto beans )
1 (15 oz) can all natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 cilantro sprigs, finely chopped ( for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
4. Add beans and tomatoes ( with liquid). Bring to boil, Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes , or until thickened.
5. Serve warm, sprinkle with cilantro.
TIPS: store in individual containers and freeze for future meals!