Chicken Stuffed Peppers
These 21 day fix approved chicken stuffed peppers were so simple and so YUMMY!
- 2 Large Peppers
- 12 ounces cut up chicken breast.
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt/ pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp Monterey Jack Cheese ( per 1/2 pepper!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 glove of fresh garlic
1. Heat Olive oil in a pan. Add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add garlic, stirring continuously, for one minute.
3. Add chopped chicken and season with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin.
4. When chicken is cooked through, add tomato sauce, black beans, and corn. Stir for 2 minutes.
5. Set mixture aside and prep peppers!
6. Heat oven to 375 and slice peppers down the center.
7. add mixture to each pepper, cover with foil, and place in oven for 45 minutes.
8. Take out, remove foil, and add cheese.
9. Bake until cheese is melted.