Marinated Summer Veggies With Chicken Sausage
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 lb. green beans, ends removed
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium summer (crookneck) squash, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4 cooked chicken sausages, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1. To make marinade, combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Place green beans, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a re-sealable plastic bag (or large bowl). Add marinade; shake to blend. Let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat grill or broiler to high.
5. Place veggie mixture on a large sheet pan (or broiler pan). Add sausages; mix well. Spread out evenly.
6. Grill or broil for 4 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften.
7. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
• Look for all-natural chicken sausage that does not have preservatives and is not high in sodium.
• You can start with raw or cooked sausage, just make sure it’s cooked when you add it to the veggies.