HEARTY MUSHROOM GRAVY
Total Time: 32 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 22 min.
Yield: 10 servings, 3 Tbsp. each
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. sliced mushrooms
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed and chopped, stems discarded
- 3 cups low-sodium organic chicken (or turkey or vegetable) broth
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot
- ¼ cup cold water
1.Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
3. Add mushrooms; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms release their liquid.
4. Add thyme and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook at a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
5. Combine arrowroot and water in a small bowl; whisk until arrowroot is dissolved.
6. Add to mushroom mixture; gently boil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until gravy thickens.