Whole Wheat Waffles
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2¾ cups unsweetened almond milk (or low-fat (1%) milk)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine flours, baking powder, flax seed, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, and oil in a large bowl; mix well. Add flour mixture. Mix until blended.
3. Pour ½ cup of batter at a time onto hot waffle iron, lightly coated with spray. Cook waffles until golden brown and crisp.
4. One serving equals one waffle; leftover waffles can be wrapped up and frozen.