Turkey Sausage and Tortellini Soup
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 package ( 6 oz ) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (14 - 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package ( 9 oz ) cheese tortellini
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil.
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut sausage into pieces; add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to boil.
- Stir in tortellini; return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, basil, pepper, and pepper flakes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Dinner is served!!