Bell Pepper Nachos
NONSTICK COOKING SPRAY
¼ MEDIUM ONION, CHOPPED
8 OZ. RAW 93% LEAN GROUND TURKEY
1 TSP. TACO SEASONING BLEND (OR PACKAGED TACO SEASONING MIX)
¼ CUP WATER
1 MEDIUM YELLOW BELL PEPPER, CUT INTO 1-INCH WIDE SLICES
1 MEDIUM ORANGE BELL PEPPER, CUT INTO 1-INCH WIDE SLICES
¼ CUP SHREDDED SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
1 MEDIUM JALAPEÑO, SEEDS AND VEINS REMOVED, SLICED (OPTIONAL)
½ CUP PICO DE GALLO (OR FRESH TOMATO SALSA)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Heat medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with spray.
3. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
4. Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
5. Add taco seasoning blend and water. Mix well; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until water evaporates.
6. Arrange peppers in an oven-proof baking dish; top with turkey mixture and cheese.
7. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese melts.
8. Divide pepper mixture evenly between two serving plates. Top with jalapeños (if desired) and pico de gallo; serve immediately.